Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Capones Island-The Raw Island




Our company outing was held in Megan Paradisio Beach Resort, Pundaquit, San Antonio, Zambales. I've been there to one of the beaches in Zambales so I searched the internet what would be stored for us in that place. I was thinking if I would just swim there I would not go because I've just been to Hundred Islands National Park in Pangasinan and Caramoan Peninsula, Camarines Sur, so I was still "high" from those wonderful nature trips. I found out that Capones Island is just away from the beach resort so I opted to go with our company outing.
I was in the bus together with my co-workers and the workers from our sister company. The trip was fun because we did videoke while on our way. It toke us more than four hours. The beach was not that awesome like the beaches that I have been to but nevertheless I like the fresh air. The first I did was look for a package that could take me and two of my co-workers to Capones Island. I saw an adjacent Island and the lady in the information told us it is the Camara Island. These two islands were the place where some of the scenes from Marimar, a TV series in GMA were shoot. The rent for the motorized boat was 600.00 for Capones Island alone and 900.00 for the two islands. We looked from the boat operator outside the beach resort and we found someone who was willing to bring us to Capones Island for 500.00 only. Good for us the weather cooperated. It was a lovely sunny day. The Island is beautiful, white and fine sand, the water is blue crystal clear, rocks have different colors. The place is perfect for snorkeling, camping and trekking. Actually we plan to trek to the Spanish era lighthouse but we were dropped in a place of the island that would toke hours to reach it. One of the boat men told us that we should be dropped on the other side of the island. But anyway we still enjoy our Capones escapade although the place is deserted, lacks of trees and no cottages. This island has variety of fish and algae, perfect for snorkeling.
Those who would visit this island should not forget to bring potable water, sun block for face, body and lips, snorkeling gears, sun glasses and of course camera. Don’t forget to charge your batteries. Discover this raw island.

No comments: